Friday, August 24, 2012

Catered Crop Distress Challenge

This week's recipe swap at Catered Crop is distressing. I think I may have gone overboard on the keyword. I was tearing up a yogurt carton into our recycling bin and noticed that the corrugated layer was a "mini" type and decided to salvage it for the challenge.


I peeled off as much as I could from the paper layer and still left some of it on. I went over parts of the corrugation with a white ink pad to make the ridges stand out a bit more.


The label was also ink distressed and I added some faux stitching with a white pigment pen. The Hero Arts sentiment was cut apart to fit and everything was put together with some rayon seam binding, flowers, pearls and leaves.

Is it too distressed?






I thought I'd squeeze this into A Blog Named Hero's kraft challenge, too, since I used a Hero Arts sentiment stamp.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!









SUPPLIES:

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Donna! And that flower is gorgeous. I think the amount of distressing looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Donna - great save of the corrugated cardboard, makes for great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty, only you could make corrogated card look so sweet, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's texture mixed with beauty and the results are fabulous, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just perfect! Love the white distressing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish my yogurt containers had this type of packaging! Great recycling for an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Donna, and I love all the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, your card is fabulous! Totally love all the kraft and sweet finish with bow and flower. Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Donna! Love the colors and flowers is so delicate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, love the CAS look and recycling the packaging was a great idea!! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it has just the right amount of distressing, Donna. I love it! Very creative use of a recycled item!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another super-duper card made even better because you used recycled material to make it shabby chic. I love the embellies and colors too! Thank you for reminding me to look around for free craft supplies in the trash bin LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delightful Donna. The white on the corrugation looks great. Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful creation, love the texture! The curvy die and the corrogated panel contrasted with each other so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the concept of the cards! such an elegant designs.thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so pretty and peaceful. such an elegant card, Donna! love the details and love that you used the corrugated cardboard piece. have to try that sometime! thanks for the inspiration, my friend! hope you have a fabulous weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous! thanks so much for joining us at A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so classy, Donna!! Love the texture you added and the touch of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the corrugated cardboard and I love the fact that you used "trash" to make this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete