Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Scramble time!

It's not often that I participate in a Hero Arts 90-minute scramble. Living in Hawaii, the times don't always work for me.  This past weekend happened to be a good time and former Hero Arts hostess Emily ran the show. Go here to her blog to see a video on how she created her cards with new sentiments.

Her challenge was to create a totally new sentiment, using alphabet sets or whatever sentiments you happen to have, and use it on your card. Sounds easy, right?


It took me forever to go through my stash of sentiments. I was looking for the perfect sentiment and mixing up different fonts and at the same time making sure the sentiment made sense, too.

I don't mind cutting apart my clear stamps. I think you get more mileage out of them by doing so. I cut off the word "friends" and added the word "YOU" from another set. With the clock ticking down--you only have 90 minutes--I then had to find an image to match.


If all else fails, I say grab some washi tape and go with a rainbow theme. That's exactly what I did, right down to the washi tape butterfly. I could feel the stress level going down with every strip of tape that I lay down on my card.

I've been known to upload my photo just under the wire. I'm proud to say that I posted my card with time to spare. Thank you, washi tape. You saved my life.

SUPPLIES:

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very stressful type of challenge! Love what you though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An Olympic race against the clock and you crossed the finish line with an amazing card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how this turned out! I have yet to take knife/scissors to my stamps, but I'm thinking hard about it. Good for you for having the guts to do it! And I'm going to have to remember the rainbow washi hint. I'm sure it will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this...you always use Washi Tape perfectly just Love it! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Donna! I adore this card so much! I have a serious addiction to washi tape lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you split up your sentiments! I'm not afraid to cut mine too especially when I know I won't use the whole sentiment much. You did it perfectly here!

    I live on the East coast now, but I still cut things close to the deadline! I'm still on Hawaiian time;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is fabulous, Donna! love the washi background!

    ReplyDelete