Monday, April 11, 2016

MFT April Release Replay



It's time for the April Release Replay at My Favorite Things, when participating 
designers are challenged to use new ideas and fresh takes with the latest release.

I was inspired by teammate Amy's card here, and her cherry blossom trees caught
my attention. I LOVE seeing cherry blossom trees in full bloom and to see them
in Japan in all their glory is definitely on my bucket list.


I used the roundest tree top from the Tree-mendous trio and ink distressed then
spattered them with ink, water, and white paint to give them dimension.


The background was ink distressed and spattered with water and I colored the fox and
turned him into a badger. All the images were adhered or popped up on the striped panel,
and I added the label sentiment and enamel dots to finish the card.

 Visit today's Release Replay post at the MFT blog for more inspiration from
participating designers. Thanks, always, for stopping by!



11 comments:

  1. Love your Cherry trees Donna!!!! They are cartoony and pretty!!! Going to see Sakura in Japan is also on my bucket list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an adorable scene!! Foxy beneath the sakura trees! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, he just looks like a black fox. :) Great card and the colour in your foliage is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG ... your pink Cherry Blossom trees look amazing! Love the bold, stand-out sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cherry blossoms are coloured just amazing! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be in Japan, anytime, is on my bucket list!!! But to see the Cherry Blossoms, would be wonderful ... just like your card - wonderful!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely adorable, Donna. Love your beautiful cherry blossom trees - and so clever to change that fox into a badger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! Those look like blooming cherry trees!

    ReplyDelete